03 August 2010

Two Weeks Down Under!


One of the best things about living abroad is making great friends from all over the world... One of the best things about traveling after living abroad is visiting those friends!

After my mission trip to India I flew down to Perth, Australia for 2 fantastic weeks with my dear friend Katie Brooks. She was an excellent host and took me all around her city and even on a road trip a couple hours north of Perth to Cervantes (where we saw the awesome pinnacles) and New Norcia. We even saw kangaroos in the wild, which was pretty exciting!

I was there during the Easter holiday and ate hot cross buns for my first time ever on Good Friday. On Sunday we hid eggs for her younger siblings to find. I got to hold a koala, feed kangaroos, experience an Australian Football game (go Dockers!), see a hilarious show, do a fair amount of shopping, enjoy a street festival in Fremantle, take a surfing lesson, and overall enjoy some great quality time with Katie. Oh, she also got me addicted to an Australian young adult book series, the Tomorrow series and introduced me to a fabulous Australian movie, The Castle! We also watched another good Aussie movie, Samson and Delilah.

It was definitely a very fun trip one day Ill return to Western Australia and the rest of the country, too!

Go here to see photos from Perth and here to see photos from our road trip! 

Also, if you want to watch a short video from the AFL game, go here. The Dockers pulled off a very unexpected win, making it quite the exciting first game to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment