03 August 2010

Mission Trip to Karnataka, India


My wonderful church in Korea, Seoul International Baptist Church, has been a part of the ministry around Bangalore, Karnataka for a few years now. When I began to make plans for my travel, I sat down with Pastor Dan and discussed some mission options. One he quickly suggested was that I spend a week or two in India. I was happy to accept his help in planning a trip there as I always enjoyed hearing updates from teams that went there. In the end I had about 8 days which were spent with Pastor Enosh and his lovely wife Ruth in a village outside of Bangalore. They were great hosts; they fed me so much I literally felt stuffed for a large portion of my time there! They took me out to meet a lot of people involved with the ministry there, and I had the opportunity to pray for a lot of people in untouchable villages and churches around the area.

We spent part of a day in Bangalore so I could see a few places in the city.

We also went to Nandi Hills for an evening, which was quite close to the village where I stayed.

On another day I went with a couple of the other pastors and explored Mysore.

India is a busy and colorful country and I look forward to returning one day to explore many other areas!! 


To see photos from my trip, go here!

No comments:

Post a Comment