10 January 2009

From Sea to Shining Sea: St Louis

In middle school and high school my only visits to St Louis were to spend a day at Six Flags. Once in college, a few of my friends moved down there, so, needless to say, I've been down there a few times to see a bit of the city (and spend some quality time with good friends).

Unfortunately, most of my photos were lost in the aforementioned computer crash. And my memory isn't great as I pretty much just went wherever my friends led me.

On my first trip I know I went downtown, saw the arch (though didn't visit it), ate at some good restaurants, and bought some amazing fudge (at Union Station - they dance and sing while they make it; really quite fun ^^). I also went to the zoo with two of my friends:



The zoo has a pretty cool penguin exhibit, along with all of the usual American zoo exhibits.

On another visit I finally made it to (and, up into) the arch:



I also returned to the zoo and wandered around other areas of the city - all of which I really don't remember.

Sorry for such a dismal blog on St Louis... it is a nice city (even though they are host of the worst baseball team). I'm sure I will return there again - and I'll try to post some better photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment