08 March 2009

Weekend Trip to Paris, France



While studying in Barcelona (see previous post), my friend Jen and I decided to take advantage of a 3-day weekend in early December and hop an overnight train to Paris.

We arrived to a foggy, slighty rainy morning in Paris - with no set plans. I don't really remember the exact order of everything we did, but I posted the following photos in the order I had them in my "Paris" photo folder.

One of our first stops was, naturally, the Eiffle Tower; it was very cold at the top!:



We also made a short visit to Notre Dame:



And we went to the Chateau Versailles:



This is inside the castle, "The Hall of Mirrors" - a lot more impressive in person:



We wandered around the Champs d'Elysse, and enjoyed the beautiful lights at night:



L'Arch de Triomphe:



The first night we stayed in a hostel, where we had a shoe-box sized room; the second night we met up with a missionary family that Jen knew and crashed at their house (they even had a view of the Eiffle Tower, just like in the movies! Wish I had a picture of that...):



This is the Musee d'Orsay, which was my favorite museum we went to (we only went to two...):



And here's the Louvre (the two museums are basically across the river from each other):



Inside, under the pyramid:



You can't go to the Louvre and not see the Mona Lisa!:



On one of the nights we wandered around a bit and saw the Moulin Rouge. We also saw the Basilique Sacre-Coeur; both of these are located in Montmartre, which is a beauitful area:





We only had about 3 days, but we saw a lot!! I definitely want to go back and spend a bit more time exploring the city... preferably in the spring/early summer when all of the flowers and gardens are in bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment